Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happies and Crappies #2

Happy Friday/Saturday friends! 

I have not yet written my 10k post because this week has been chaotic, but I will this weekend! Even though it is now Saturday, I really wanted to get some happies and crappies out there because I love this link up with Stephanie at the Vintage Modern Wife.


The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up 
 
Happies
  1. Putting on this skirt and feeling comfortable- bonus: I threw this outfit together in 5 minutes! Win.

  2. Visiting my mommy and sister at home for the first time since January (Yes, I still call my mom "Mommy"- haters gonna hate)
  3. Completeing the Monument Avenue 10k, my first race!  I am now addicted to the feeling of crossing the finish line!! Already comtemplating my next race/challenge (triathalon, maybe?!?- who am I???)

  4. My Toddy came in the mail! My sister introduced me to the cold-brew coffee world and it is life-changing! It reduces a lot of the acidity in coffee resulting in a really smooth, delicious glass of iced coffee. I love mine with vanilla soy milk and a tiny bit of sweetner. Bye-bye Starbucks! 
  5. We have a bi-weekly family dinner night with one of our "couple friends" (which is always a happy!) This week we hosted and made this rice and bean casserole from Eat, Live, Run... SO GOOD and SO easy! 

Crappies
  1. The news of this week has been devastating. After feeling as though I have officially joined the running community, Boston hit hard. Waking up to the manhunt Friday morning was scary and heartbreaking as well...but I am glad that it is over. My heart goes to that wonderful, strong city and the first responders. I am now logging my miles for Boston, and you can too!  #RunforBoston
  2. Work has been stressful and people are inconsiderate. I really can't say much else, except that I am counting down my days to the second.
  3. I think I have tendonitis in my right leg :(  I was doing squats/lunges yesterday and it was really painful behind my knee. So RICE for me, and a break from running/leg work for now- then back to focusing on strengthening weak muscles!
I will be back later with a 10k recap + pictures. I hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday! 

1 comments: